Last Updated on
A fabulous quail bird illustration showing a flock of quails in a snow-covered setting, roaming through woods.
This quail bird pic would be perfect on the front of a Christmas card or any crafty project for the festive season.
- The scientific name for quail is Coturnix coturnix.
- Quail are part of the pheasant family.
- Quail are small game birds that eat seeds and insects.
- Quail are very difficult to see but easier to hear, usually calling from grass or cereal fields.
- They are prolific egg layers and easy to keep.
- Quail are often kept for the same reason as chickens and their tiny eggs are considered a delicacy.
The song-birds leave us at the summer’s close, Only the empty nests are left behind. And pipings of the quail among the sheaves.
Find more images like this in my gallery of vintage bird illustrations.