I have another royal blast from the past with a black and white magazine clipping of Prince Albert in uniform. Scanned from a 1901 publication, the picture shows Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha wearing the uniform of a field marshal.
This is the original scan of Prince Albert:
This is a cleaned up version of the prince consort; useful for homework projects and articles:
- Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha was the husband and consort of Queen Victoria.
- Albert Francis Charles Augustus Emmanuel was born on 26th August 1819 in Bavaria.
- At the age of seven, the prince was forbidden from seeing his mother when his father divorced her on the grounds of adultery.
- Albert married Queen Victoria (his cousin) in 1840; they were married for 21 years until his death in December 1861 – they had 9 children.
- The prince died suddenly of typhoid at the age of 42 and Victoria was so overcome with grief that she stayed in mourning for the rest of her life and always wore black.