Last Updated on
This is a recent addition to my collection of the English musical comedy actress and singer Miss Kurton (real name Gladys Kurton).
On the three images you can see the photographer’s signature of Lallie Charles (Charlotte Elizabeth Martin, 1869-1919). Lallie was a successful female portraitist and society photographer who in 1896, opened her first studio in Regent’s Park, London.
This is the original scan of the colour postcard:
This is a cleaned up version of the postcard:
- Peggy Kurton was born in Bristol on 4th May 1895.
- Miss Kurton made her first appearance at the Adelphi Theatre, London, on 19th October 1912 in the chorus of The Dancing Mistress.
- As well as appearing in several productions in London, Peggy also performed in New York.
- Peggy was known for the films Tout se paie (1921) and Daddy (1917).
- Miss Kurton died in Camberwell, London in 1977 aged 82.